What's On | Support Us | Find Us
On Saturday 10th June, The Bowes Museum celebrates its 125th Anniversary. Named after founders, John & Joséphine Bowes, this beautiful French château-style building opened to the public in 1892.
As The Bowes Museum prepares to celebrate its 125th anniversary, a major new exhibition is set to give an insight into the woman, an artist and actress, who was a driving force behind its creation.
A midnight-blue velvet evening jacket dating from 1937, by the famous couturier Elsa Schiaparelli, has been purchased for The Bowes Museum at Barnard Castle with the aid of an Art Fund New Collecting Award.
The Bowes Museum warmly welcomes everyone to come for a coffee and to hear short presentations on volunteers’ own research as part of the first three years of The Bowes Museum’s First World War Project.